Catching up with the ‘Prez'...


  

 

by Marissa Jaye

 

 

It has been almost three months since we gathered in Chicago.  I feel nostalgic just thinking back on our weekend together.  I realize that it passes so quickly and that we all crave more.  The newsletter is one of many resources that we have available to help us keep in contact.  Thank you to Nancy and to all who have contributed.

Any one of us who has attended one of our annual conferences realizes that it takes a tribe to create a meeting.  I want to give a special thanks to Tryla who truly went above and beyond to make this year’s conference a success.  I also want to thank our exiting board and current board for the many hours dedicated to our gathering.  I think you will all agree that our meetings are priceless and it is because of these women that things went off as well as they did.  My deep gratitude goes out to each of you.

I think we all can agree that the biggest impact of the weekend was our time to share our stories.  One of the biggest pieces of feedback that I wanted to share from the weekend was from one of our parents.  This parent thought it would be a great idea that we have an opportunity to hear sharing from an affected adult, an affected teen, and a parent on the impact of AIS and other related conditions on all of our lives.  This is an experience that we have not had at a conference to date.  I thought this was a great idea and I look forward to it next year.

In closing, I want to share that although the miles may keep us apart, each of you holds a special place in my heart and each others.  I always look forward to our email contact, a phone call, a newsletter, etc.  We will be organizing regional meetings in late winter/early spring and it looks like our annual meeting for 2009 will be held in Texas.  I hope this newsletter finds you well and look for another edition in December.

Cheers,


   Marissa Jaye
President, Board of Directors, AISSG-USA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living Out

Official Name Change Notice

Remembering InterConnect's Founder