Message From Incoming President Rebecca Baughman Kerns


 

 by Rebecca Baughman Kerns

 

 

 

I am so grateful for the amazing leadership InterConnect has had over the last few years.  The exiting board found so many ways for us to keep connected in what could have been such a lonely time and I am hopeful that this is the year when we can finally get together and celebrate how far we have come.  I am looking forward to spending time with all of our family and allies in just a few weeks, enjoying the Winter Gathering.

I am so honored to be taking over as President from the amazing Mary Mihevic.  I am a mom of three kids – two who are full grown and one eight year old bundle of dynamite.  I spend my days writing grants for several small non-profits, teaching English and trying to finish my Masters degree in English at the University of Missouri.  I live in Columbia, MO and when I can find the time, I keep myself sane by knitting, running and baking.

InterConnect’s new Board of Directors is amazing.  Over the next few months, watch this section for interviews and interesting thoughts from our board and staff.

I have been on InterConnect’s board a few times, and even served as President in the early 2000’s.  I am so excited to be serving this amazing community.  I cannot wait to hear from you.

 

-- Rebecca Baughman Kerns
Incoming InterConnect Board President

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living Out

Official Name Change Notice

Remembering InterConnect's Founder